Monday, October 18, 2010
More Free “State of .NET” Events Announced
Three Locations - Houston, Dallas, and Phoenix
- Houston: Tuesday, November 9, 2010 1:30 - 4:30 PM
Microsoft Houston Office - 2000 W Sam Houston Pkway S, Houston, TX 77042
- Dallas: Monday, November 15, 2010 1:30 - 4:30 PM
Microsoft Dallas Office - 7000 SR-161 (George Bush Turnpike), Irving, TX 75039
- Phoenix: Thursday, November 11, 2010 1:30 - 4:30 PM
Microsoft Phoenix Office – 2929 N. Central Ave, Suite 1400, Phoenix, AZ 85012
Brought to you by Microsoft, CODE Magazine, CODE Training & EPS Software, this free afternoon event presents an unbiased look at the current and future development with .NET. Join me for an afternoon of free and independent information about current Microsoft development technologies! What is the state of .NET today? Which of the many .NET technologies have gained traction? Which ones can you ignore for now? What other Microsoft technologies should you include in your development efforts? This event is completely free of charge and is designed for developers as well as IT decision makers. Specific prior knowledge is not required. Attendees of this event will come away with a clear understanding of which technologies to use for various technical challenges.
This is NOT Microsoft marketing hype - this is based on our real-world development experience with various technologies.
Topics will include:
- Latest News from PDC!
- Visual Studio 2010
- Silverlight 4.0
- Visual Studio LightSwitch
- Expression Studio
- ASP.NET MVC 3.0
- Windows Phone 7
- and more!
Note: The final list of topics is always subject to change as we are always aiming to have the most up-to-date content possible!
Signup is free, but you have to let us know you are coming. Here are the appropriate links:
Questions? Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 832-717-4445 x32.
This event is co-hosted by EPS Software Corp. and Microsoft Corporation. EPS is responsible for all content presented at this event.
Posted @ 7:01 PM by Egger, Markus (email@example.com)
Monday, October 11, 2010
Session Materials for my Presentations at Houston Tech Fest 2010
I just uploaded session materials for my Houston Tech Fest 2010 sessions. There are several parts:
- The layout examples (including the automatic form layout and the form template that creates the ribbon and other stuff).
Hint: Try to uncomment some of the merged resource dictionaries to see different styles.
Here’s the link: http://www.epsdownloadsite.com/downloads/f2f410a5-1ed7-4750-9f99-6118ac962762/blog/HTF2010Examples.zip
- Here are my slide decks for both sessions.
- Also, I recently wrote an article about this sort of stuff. It appears in the upcoming issue of CODE Magazine. You can also see an unedited draft of the article here. Or of course, get the latest CODE Magazine (November/December 2010) and read the final article. (BTW: The first download link above has the samples that go with the article).
Enjoy, and feel free to ping me if you have questions!
Posted @ 12:47 PM by Egger, Markus (firstname.lastname@example.org)