Tuesday, March 07, 2006
The spring event season is almost here...
Spring is a busy time if you are a speaker and sponsor of a number of conferences and events. Here is a quick overview of the most important upcoming events (in general, and for me personally...):
- Thursday (March 9th) is the Little Rock Tech Expo. I am presenting on LINQ and WPF (Avalon)
- Sunday through Tuesday (March 12th-14th) is SXSW in Austin, which we are sponsoring as CoDe Magazine. (Unfortunately, I won't be there myself... bummer... I have been looking forward to this one).
- The following week (March 20th-24th) is the 2006 Game Developer Conference in San Jose. I can't go myself, but this is always an interesting conference.
- The same week, I am doing two VFP Conversion workshops in Germany and Austria. The event is held in German language. Click here for more information in German, and here for information in English.
- April 1st through 5th will see DevConnections (VS Connections, ASP Connections,...) in Orlando. I am presenting a pre con as well as at the regular conference. However, time constraints mean that I will have to get out of there fairly early, so if you want to chat, stop by early in the conference.
- The following week, I will present some sessions for Microsoft Gulf Coast on Mobile Device development. I will make more information available about this in a future post.
- April 26th-27th is DevConnections Europe in Nice. Nice. I am supposed to present there.
- This years DevTeach conference (Montreal) is taking place from May 8th-12th. We are a major sponsor of this event through CoDe Magazine. In fact, you could see this as the CoDe Magazine conference. I have been the tech-chair this year (again) together with Kevin McNeish, so I have been in charge of picking the speakers. I am presenting myself. In fact, I am doing regular conference sessions, as well as a VFPConversion workshop for VFP developers who want to get the most out of this conference.
- The same week, Microsoft holds MEDC 2006 in Las Vegas. I spoke there last year, but I probably won't be able to be there this year at all, due to the overlap with DevTeach.
- SDC 2006 takes place from May 15th-16th in the Netherlands. I am scheduled to speak there.
- On June 9th, the soccer world cup starts. Oh. Never mind. Different target audience... :-)
- TechEd 2006 is in Boston this year. June 11-16. We are a sponsor (CoDe Magazine) and will have a booth. Several CoDe/EPS people will probably be there. Personally, I have not decided whether and how long I can go. Note: I hear that this is somewhat limited in audience size this year. It will probably sell out quickly.
- There is another VFPConversion event scheduled in Europe (Zuerich, Switzerland), June 29th and 30th. Whether or not I will be presenting at that event has not yet been decided.
- There is another VFP DevCon this year. It will be held August 27th-31st in Phoenix. I will probably be presenting. (Note: There are more VFP events coming later in the year...)
Boy, this looks like a busy schedule! Plus, we will schedule some other VFPConversion events in North America. Check out the VFPConversion event site for more info (or subscribe to the event RSS feed).
Posted @ 8:44 PM by Egger, Markus (email@example.com) -
Post a Comment:
Comment Title (required):
Your Name (optional):
Your Email (optional):
Your Web Site (optional):
Your Comment (required):